Sunday, November 7, 2010

monday blues.

today started out just like any other monday. alarm went off at 7am, breaking myself out of a dream and into the reality of just how short a time it was that i last looked at that clock before falling unconscious. look in the mirror, scruffy hair, messy room, space invaders doona about to hit the floor. joy.



i clambered out of bed and reached for one of the bottles of water sitting near my xbox to soothe my dry throat and contemplated cereal, when i got a visit from my cat. i had a carrot in my hand for some reason, i couldn't actually remember why. my cat sat at my door, half on the tiles and half on the carpet, making an odd purry sound before spontaneously flopping onto his back for scratchies.



given my ultimate weakness for adorable four-legged animals (and my bias towards the one i take care of), i put the carrot down and gave in. i then remembered the unfortunate fact that today was monday, which meant there remained three days until the first of three final examinations for uni i'd have no sleep throughout. i grabbed a change of clothes and headed for the shower.

i then proceeded to mindlessly go about my daily routine.











and it eventually got to midday, at which time i decided it would be a fabulous idea to watch beauty and the beast. i walked outside and saw my parrots looking somewhat cross, then freaked as i remembered what the carrot was for.

so with my newly fed birds, fish, cat and self, it got to the stage where i decided i should actually start doing something constructive with my day. so i cleaned my room. all of it. rearranged the bed, took down everything off the walls for cleaning, vaccuumed and eventually was left with a sparkling clean room with stubborn "decorative" cat hair. what now? i'd already exhausted my will to check facebook every four minutes, so i went for a swim. or at least, i intended to go for a swim.







dear jesus there is nothing i hate more in the world than wasps except various kinds of people. i bolted almost instantly right back into the house and holed myself up, peering through the glass like and old lady spying on her neighbors. i'm convinced i can do absolutely nothing outside without being confronted by a giant hornet. they're horrible, just thinking about being near them makes me want to cry.

having decided enough was enough, i sat down in front of the computer and browsed ebay until i eventually fell asleep at the table due to the lack of sleep from the night before. i was awoken by my brother who had informed me that dinner was ready outside. an hour of man vs wild and it was 9pm.

*checks the clock* perhaps it's time for sleep! my bed looks particularly cozy tonight. love<3

No comments:

Post a Comment