Friday, December 31, 2010

my dad said "be an actor my son.. but be a comical one!"

gosh, blog. you know something? we haven't spoken since last year. i'm jittery just thinking about all that time that's flown by! haha. but seriously now, i think i owe you a proper post. it's half past 2 on the first of january, 2011! and what a loooverly mornin'!

instead of a static new year's resolution, i've devised a table of goals i hope not to abandon two weeks from setting them. ladies and gentlemen, my resolutions.



my first goal is to clean out my entire room including the infernal mess which is my wardrobe. i'm gonna go right through and cull the lot. old makeup, shoes, stationery, posters, clothing, books, you name it. i'll put some things up on facebook as a giveaway to see if anyone else can find use from my olds, but everything that doesn't find a new home is going to lifeline. as an extension to this goal, i'm going to replace a lot of things with new, revamped versions. my pillows are getting a bit old and gross, so woo! and with the back to school sales starting soon, i should be able to get away with a new hoard of books, et cetera, for under $20. i want more room to display my halo figurines which i've stuffed in the wardrobe for lack of space. i've spent so much money on them, they deserve to be displayed goddamnit! and it's my room, funk you, i don't care if you don't approve. get off my blog.







oh hush, cartoon personification. i'm not replacing you. my second goal is to save $4000. typical money saving resolution goal, i know. but i really want a new piano. i've got roughly $500 now. which is 1/8th of the way to my goal, so that's a good head start right? and i've got a whole day of work coming up in merely seven hours from now so it's somewhat realistic. i aim to have $4k by christmas 2011. i hope to have it by then anyway. i'll have to draw up some kind of saving plan or schedule based on how much money i earn and the rate at which i earn it. fun times.
















aw, now aren't you sweet? alright then fine, i'll stick with adobe. anyway, my third goal is to see how long i can go without eating junk food. the conditions of this include: the goal shall forfeit if i buy myself junk food, or willingly consume it upon my own accord, as well as if i ask for it. this does not apply for when others buy it for me as a kind gesture, or when there is literally nothing else i can afford and i really need to eat something. last time i tried this, i lasted three months. three months is a quarter of a year. let's see if i can beat my record! and the obvious extension to this, is the goal of losing all this shit i've put on over the last couple of years. and what better way to justify buying myself a new kinect peripheral for my xbox? i can't wait.

and now my lovelies, i shall brush, mouthwash and floss, clean my bed and head off to sleep so i can start this day on a little more than two hours of sleep. happy new year. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment